What we treat
Osteopathy is a way of detecting and treating damaged parts of the body such as muscles, ligaments, nerves and joints.
Osteopaths look a the whole person and use a variety of gentle manual techniques such as soft tissue massage, manipulation and cranial techniques to release tensions throughout the body to relieve pain and restore health.
The General Osteopathic Council recommends osteopathy for a number of musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sacro-iliac joint pain
- Headaches caused by the neck
- Changes in posture during pregnancy
- Postural problems caused by driving or work strain
- The pain of arthritis
- Tennis elbow (arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions from the back and neck)
- Minor sports injuries (strains and sprains)
For more details or enquiries as to whether osteopathy may be appropriate for your individual condition, please don't hesitate to call.